Japan 2011 day 3

Daily update of Trips to Japan
ian m

Japan 2011 day 3

Post by ian m »

The day started with an appointment at Shinoda to hand select some special tosai for growing on, these koi were approx. 15-20cms in length, amongst them were doitsu in many varieties along with gin rin and normal showa. 35 koi were selected from a few 100 that were in the tanks, 16 of these fish were offered for sale and 12 sold within the first few hours, needless to say one will be going in my growing on tank along with my show & grow Sekiguchi showa we will be selecting in a few weeks.
Shinoda.jpg
Shinoda.jpg (43.59 KiB) Viewed 12768 times

Next up was a visit to Hosakai where a number of varieties of koi were for sale, a particularly nice Ochiba was purchased here for Richdon stocks.

From there we headed into the mountains of Mushigame ended up fairly close to the top, some of the pictures below are from the Yagenji fish house.
Yagenji.jpg
Yagenji.jpg (76.44 KiB) Viewed 12767 times

The photo shows the famous mud ponds from Yagenji, all be it covered in snow.
Mushigame.jpg
Mushigame.jpg (87.25 KiB) Viewed 12767 times

Other breeders visited today included,
Izamiya
Dainichi
Ikarashi Kazuto
Torazo
Kase

My total for fish heading back to North Wales is now up to 4 but I think thee maybe more. Tomorrow should be an interesting day with a visit to 2 fairly famous breeders?

Ian San
MitchR

Re: Japan 2011 day 3

Post by MitchR »

Hi mate, sounds like your having a great time with plenty of fish to choose from. Looking forward to seeing where your off to next. Ps if you see any more superb small tancho showa I can always find room in my tank! Lol.keep the reports coming bud, its great reading. All the best, Mitch.
ian m

Post by ian m »

Mitch,

Like these, not for sale though!!!!
IMG_0970.jpg
IMG_0970.jpg (120.7 KiB) Viewed 12755 times
MitchR

Post by MitchR »

Oh god, I'm having a wobble :shock: