Friday 17th April 2009

Daily update of Trips to Japan
site admin
Site Admin

Friday 17th April 2009

Post by site admin »

The breeder today is Nagoshi,which is the breeder that the club used for our Grow and Show last year.
This is one of the breeders I have looking forward to seeing, I have already a couple of his Koi in my pond back home.
Up early as usual, fed and watered and on the road by 8am, weather is bit on the dreary side today, rain in the air with mist on the mountains, and cooler about 12degC, quite a contrast to Narita when we arrived it was 23deC.
Unfortunately there will be no photos of the facility, in the interest of keeping the breeder exclusive. I can assure you the quality is top class.
The tosai selected today were individually hand picked from a pond of 1200 very lively koi, this took all morning with Alan on the sock, John keeping a check of numbers and yours truly, checking that Richard was selecting OK.
The breeder then kindly took us out for lunch, a meal of Pork,Egg and Rice certainly took the edge of any hunger, I don't think I will eat for at least 3 days :lol: :lol: :lol:
One photo of a pond of about 2000 tosai, which surged towards you as you approached the pond, an incredable sight.
Exclusive Tosai.JPG
Exclusive Tosai.JPG (103.91 KiB) Viewed 10511 times
Dave San
MitchR

Re: Friday 17th April 2009

Post by MitchR »

Hi mate,
any chance you slipping a couple of dozen into your suitcase for the club raffles??? ;) ;) ;)
Keep the reports coming, great reading.
Mitch san
ian m

Re: Friday 17th April 2009

Post by ian m »

Dave,

It must be one hell of an experience to see tosai like that, the water is literally bubbling with fish. Can't wait for the next installment.

Ian