Saturday 18th April 2009

Daily update of Trips to Japan
site admin
Site Admin

Saturday 18th April 2009

Post by site admin »

Today the Breeder is to be Sekiguchi, so it looks like wall to wall Showa.
The visit had been booked for this afternoon,so we spent the morning visiting Kaneko,Igarashi Kasuto,Shintaro and Hiroi with the wonderful views up through Yamagoshi.
The weather today has been superb, the drive up to Seki-guchi with views of the snow clad mountains has been amazing. We were early for the appointment, so it had to be Moss burgers for lunch,every thing that has been said about them is perfectly true, Mc 'D's are c***.
Seki-guchi gave a warm welcome and in no time we were sorting though the Tosai Showa, and some very nice koi were selected and will be on the Japan pages shortly.

All 3 hobbist's on the trip selected a Showa each.
So another Showa coming home to N.Wales. I do like showa Wink Wink Wink
Some photo's of the wonderful views from Yamagoshi and from Seki-guchi
Seki-guchi 1.jpg
Seki-guchi 1.jpg (77.89 KiB) Viewed 12797 times
View from seki-guchi.jpg
View from seki-guchi.jpg (96.5 KiB) Viewed 12796 times
Yamagoshi view.jpg
Yamagoshi view.jpg (59.44 KiB) Viewed 12796 times

Dave San
Martin R

Re: Saturday 18th April 2009

Post by Martin R »

Dave San,

Views look superb, as do the Showa ;)

Enjoying my own little bit of 'Japan' today. Out in my sunner NW garden cleaning filters and occassionally looking at my beautiful Japanese Cherry tree by the side of my pond.
The only problem is that it's now dropping tonnes of blossom into the pond :?

Hope the weather continues to hold for you in Japan.
Have you only been tempted by one Showa, or are there some more Koi in the Wilson shopping cart?

Cheers
Martin
Rocky
ian m

Post by ian m »

Dave san,

If I was a betting man, which I'm not, a Showa would have definately been one of the one's I thought you'd chose from this trip. So that's two Seki's in Mr Wilson pond now, me think there may be another dianichi (either kohaku or showa) before the end of the trip but that only me thinking.

Ian
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Hi Martin,
The problem is getting your head around the way the Japs work, you turn up for an appointment, leave you in the fish house to look into all the ponds, return an hour later and say you can pick from this pond, when you say what about that pond, they say all sold!!!
So you pick from the selected pond, fill so many boxes, then a little more talk, the suddenly there are more koi available from the previously sold pond, does my head in.

Special day coming up, special Red and White, might be out of budget, but you never know,that what Rich says. Can' say where yet, because other dealers can jump in front of you, when they relise that such and such breeder has tosai for sale, all very cuthroat.

We went to Isa yesterday one of his many tosai houses was full to overflowing, with tosai so big that you had to ask, Tosai or Nisai? No Tosai they were up to 45cm, but none for sale all going to the mud for the summer.

must get back to bed :03.35

Ian,
Yep, another showa, bet you can't guess which one?

could do with something other than Showa!!

Dave san