North Wales Koi Club monthly meeting

Advice on Koi,Ponds and Equipment
pollygog

North Wales Koi Club monthly meeting

Post by pollygog »

Very enjoyable evening was had last night by the side of our pond as club members relaxed and put the world to rights over coffee, tea, beer, and for some later a whisky nightcap. Surprisingly the subject wasn't confined to all things koi but just about every subject going and judging by the volume a very lively debate went on over the sausage rolls and pork pies. It was so nice to see so many members present and enjoying themselves, an added bonus was,for once Cynthia won the first prize in the raffle a travel rug, Jocky Wilson our raffle organiser won the blow up doll, or was it a blow up pond?. Several members present visited my greenhouse to sample the new seasons crop of cherries and all gave their approval, some more than once!. Ken has promised a return visit to my garden once the plums are ripe following his survey of the potential crop on my trees, and, recalled with wistful joy the last time I had a decent crop, all of two years ago, as last years fruit crop was a disaster. I think he is suffering withdrawal symptoms from a decent Victoria, still he got to take home to Jean some nice fresh rhubarb from the garden.
Official approval was given last night after a detailed and critical inspection by several members of the 'committee' to my new wildlife pond so I can relax now!. One bonus to last nights meeting was the arrival in my new pond of a pair of Great Crested Newts, first I've seen this year and they were also seen by several members last night moving about in new pond.
A big thank you to Colin and also to Sue for the fresh home grown hen eggs and for Sue and Keith for bringing us a bottle of wine as a thank you and also for the tomato and runner bean plants they brought along for me.
I have decided now that the summer is finally here to change the title of the long running "Spring is nearly here" to "Don't look now but Summer has arrived" or, "Winter is just a short 5 months away" Please submit your choice of approval in 5 days otherwise its "Editors choice".
Two sad occasions this week as the family of bluetits in the nestbox opposite our kitchen window died, all eight babies, we reckon the sparrow hawk that comes through every day has caught parent bird. Cynthia thought they had fledged early as the nest box was quiet and looked in nestbox and found them all dead, the other death was Kevin our resident toad from the veg filter. We found him dead in middle of lawn, he had obviously been chewed and spat out by our nightly visiting hedgehog as he had a foot missing and part of his head. They have all been buried together under an apple tree.

AN APPEAL TO ALL OUR MEMBERS WITH PONDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The dire situation regarding ponds for viewing on the 30th June when we have the return visit from Liverpool and District Koi Club as up to now we only have three ponds, Colin's, Alan and Kathy's and mine! Please can you let Nigel know asap just a half hour visit thats all it is.