sensory garden pond

Advice on Koi,Ponds and Equipment
anubisram

sensory garden pond

Post by anubisram »

hi all,
I need your assistance. I am a manager of a care home that provides services for people with dementing type illnesses. we are currently undertaking a series of fund raising events to set up a series of sensory gardens for dementia sufferers. One of the focal points of the garden will be a koi pond. However, the usual Health and Safety gremlins have been up to their tricks and have stated that:
a. the pond needs to be a one piece purpose made unit
b. it needs to be above ground level ( i can go down a foot to bury pipework.)
What i'm looking for is a circular vat that will hold minimum 1000 galls and is approx 4ft deep. I will want the ability to install a bottom drain in it and to put a surface and mid water return in the walls.
Does anyone know of any suppliers of such an item? Or anyone got one that they want to get rid of?
Any help NWKS members can offer we would be grateful for. I am currently looking for a landscape gardener who could put my ideas to paper at a minimum cost .
Thanks
Richard
GARRY HB

Re: sensory garden pond

Post by GARRY HB »

site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Richard,
This is a link for plastic tanks. http://www.ponds4fish.co.uk/ctanks.htm

I have got a filter system, that I used on my old pond, which comprises of 4 small vortex's (1 converted for K1) connected via 3" pipes, can be used gravity or pump fed, you are welcome to have it FOC.
I might be able to put you in touch with someone to do the landscaping, all depends on your budget!

come and have a chat sometime,
Dave.
anubisram

Post by anubisram »

Thats very kind of you Dave. I will be in touch shortly. Thanks again