SOUTH EAST SECTION BKKS 2008

Advice on Koi,Ponds and Equipment
GARRY HB

SOUTH EAST SECTION BKKS 2008

Post by GARRY HB »

Take a look at this years winners, any comments ? likes ? dislikes ?

http://www.koi-clubs.com/SouthEast/2008Show.htm

GARRY HB
anubisram

Re: SOUTH EAST SECTION BKKS 2008

Post by anubisram »

I really like - 1st Selected Variety (non Go-Sanke) Award
Owned by - Gregg Harris
also the tancho showa and kumonryu
GARRY HB

Post by GARRY HB »

Good choice :) The kinginrin goshiki looks great. I had a very nice looking goshiki a few years back. It had a heart shaped hi patch on its head so we call her Valentine. Transpired 'she' was a 'he' so we called him Valentino ! If you like watching koi change and develop a goshiki is a good choice. Cooler water brings out the dark background which makes the hi almost shine like the one in the show. I used to take Valentino to shows and in our pond he was quite light, but by the time we arrived at the show he was a much more attractive darker shade. Have you got one ?
Talking of changes, the Ru' is a great koi for that too. Some of the patterns I've seen in the past were fantastic. There was quite a famous 'Ru in Japan that had a fantastic eagle pattern on its back.

GARRY HB
anubisram

Post by anubisram »

yes I have three goshiki (2 growing on) and a lovely kumonryu that I have been growing on over the summer. I will post pics probably the latter end of October - don't want to disturb them before then
GARRY HB

Post by GARRY HB »

Hi, by 'growing on' do you mean these koi are in Japan at the moment growing on in mud ponds ?
Look forward to seeing the pics in Oct.

GARRY HB
anubisram

Post by anubisram »

I wish !! no "growing on" in an indoor heated pond :D
GARRY HB

Post by GARRY HB »

Oh I see :) I have played with the idea of going to Japan, buying a couple of koi, then paying to have them kept in the mud ponds for a year or two. That was when I had an 8000+ gallon pond and it was a viable option. Not so now though !

Hey it's good to get some feedback on the forum. I see a lot of guys have a peek but not many choose to get involved. Or maybe my posts are boring :cry:

happy days, GARRY HB
anubisram

Post by anubisram »

it is a shame more don't get involved. I went to the club meeting on tuesday and there was quite a few people there. I reckon Colin needs pushing to start a thread on his shiro spawning this year - some very promising fish...also Ian Mooney should do something on why his next koi will be a kumonryu :lol:
maybe an online quiz like extremekoi have
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Hi,
Ian's next koi will be a kumonryu, only because his wife likes them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave.
anubisram

Post by anubisram »

i know ... he did thank me for going on about them when I visited :D :D